Because turntablists and DJs who love scratching are what first come to mind whenever you think of the art of disc jockeying, we’re excited to put together our list of the best scratch mixers.
If you’re looking for more variety and aren’t married to just scratch mixers, check out our list of the best DJ mixers here.
All of the mixers on our list are the best when it comes to quality, affordability, and fun. At the end of the day, most of us who are interested in buying a scratch mixer are looking for something that carries all of the functionality we need, but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg.
Our list of the best scratch mixers covers some that are futuristic and high-tech looking (like the Kontrol Z2), and also gives you options for scratch mixers that are more basic and minimalistic. No matter what your style is, guaranteed one of the mixers below will fit your needs.
Native Instruments is known for putting out professional products that not only look awesome, but are a ton of fun to use. The Traktor Kontrol Z2 is no exception. It’s a must for our list of the best scratch DJ mixers because it’s loaded with functionality, is reliable, and will cover the needs of most scratch DJs.
While it comes with the Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software, you don’t need to use the Traktor software to use the Kontrol Z2. It also works as a quality standalone mixer. That’s right, even you Serato lovers can use the Kontrol Z2 seamlessly.
If you’re looking for the best scratch mixer from an aesthetics standpoint, the Kontrol Z2 has you covered. That is, assuming you like the futuristic, RGB look. If you’re looking for something a bit more minimalistic, the other scratch mixers on this list might be a better fit for you.
- Mini Innofader crossfader is already equipped. You can upgrade to the regular Innofader if that’s something you’re interested in doing. The Innofader makes this one the best mixer for scratching.
- 2 channels + 2 full remix channels
- Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software
- Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl and CDs
- Dedicated filter control for each channel
- 24-bit soundcard
- Macro FX combine multiple Traktor effects on a single knob
- Traktor digital effects are accessible and assignable to this mixer
- Dimensions: 18″ x 7″ x 16″
See it in action
Walkthrough and demo without Traktor software:
Want to find out more? Check out the Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 on Amazon.
Numark M Series Scratch Mixers
The Numark M Series mixers are a solid choice for any list of the best scratch DJ mixers. The entire series is quality, regardless of how many channels you need. It’s easy to use and maintains great sound quality.
The faders are silky smooth and the crossfader is loose enough to let you scratch with the best of them.
- Dedicated EQ, Gain, and mic talkover controls for the mic input
- Headphones output can be set to master, record
- Great price for the quality of product you get
- Works as-advertised and is built to last
- Smooth faders and loose crossfader perfect for scratch DJs
See it in action
Want to find out more? Check out the Numark M4BLACK on Amazon.
It’s obvious that DJTECH kept the wants and needs of DJs top of mind when they made the DIF1S DJ Scratch Mixer. The DIF1S is a scratch mixer through and through starting with the affordable price and continuing all the way through to the Mini Innofader crossfader.
Cut in positions are adjustable and crossfader curve/reverse is offered allowing you to tweak the DIF1S to be the best scratch mixer for you, whatever your preferences are.
As you can see in the video below, this scratch mixer performs just as well as premium scratch mixers that are much more expensive. If you aren’t looking to spend a ton of money and still want something that will get the job done, check out the DJTECH DIF1S.
- 2-channel scratch mixer
- 3-band EQ
- Mic input
- Headphone output
- Booth outputs with dedicated volume control
- Equipped with the Mini Innofader, but is compatible with the regular sized Innofader as well
- Adjustable crossfader curve and reverse
- DVS mode allows for DJs to toggle between vinyl/CD setup and DVS software setup without having to reconfigure or reconnect any cables
- Adjustable cut in position with easy calibration based on your preferences
- Dimensions: 12″ x 8.7″ x 4.3″
See it in action
Want to find out more? Check out the DIF1S DJ Scratch Mixer on Amazon.