We’re really excited to share with you all our list of the best 4-channel DJ mixers. You’ll probably recognize most of the brands on the list, but we worked hard to provide some variety when it comes to features and price.
If you want a more comprehensive list of the best audio mixers you can check out our DJ mixers buying guide, which features mixers of all kinds, not just the ones with 4-channels that you see below.
It’s hard to put one of these lists together and not mention Pioneer at some point. They’re consistently putting out quality products that DJs of all types and skill levels trust and enjoy using. That’s why this is the first of two Pioneer audio mixers mentioned on this list of the best 4-channel audio mixers (keep scrolling down for our review of the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2).
Whether you’re looking for a mixer producing studio quality sound or you need something for live performance, the DJM-750 has everything you’ll ever need in a mixer.
The DJM-750 is a 4-channel audio mixer with a clean layout, crisp sound, and a multitude of effects. DJs love the control that the Boost Color FX feature gives them, allowing them to alter the intensity of each effect through an effects knob. We love this feature because of the flexibility it gives you when you want to alter certain sounds. The faster the knob is turned the more intense the effect will be. Filter, Jet, Noise, and Crush are all available for use with the Boost Color FX knob.
Those aren’t the only effects you’ll have available with the DJM750. You’ll also get thirteen others:
- Vinyl Brake
- Slip Roll
- Reverse Roll
Specs / Features
- Tons of effects (listed above) that can be activated on a single channel, side of the crossfader, mic or master output.
- Mic input with Mic Talkover feature as well as High and Low EQ (Effects can also be added to the mic)
- Crossfader with curve adjustment
- USB Soundcard (Not compatible with Serato, Traktor, or the Rekordbox software)
- USB port
- Ability to send MIDI information to your laptop allowing controls to be mapped to your DJ software
- P-Lock Fader Cap that will keep you from accidentally disconnecting knobs
- Auto Standby
- EQ knobs with the option to function as isolators
- Headphone input that can also preview effects
- Dimensions: 4.2″ x 14.8″ x 12.6″
- We love how easy it is to work your away around this board. There are a ton of effects, knobs, sliders, and buttons that could make the board cluttered, but the layout is simple and the LED lights and screen make it easy to stay in control
- It’s made by Pioneer so you’re guaranteed to have a top of the line product that will last for years
- So many effects. And so much flexibility with the Boost Color FX function
- Amazing sound quality ensuring your music is heard the way it’s supposed to be heard
- We like the P-Lock Fader Cap since accidents happen…and anything that stops us from accidentally disconnecting knobs is a plus
- Our only complaint is that it isn’t compatible with Serato, Traktor, or the Rekordbox software
See it in action
We compiled a few walkthroughs and demos for you. The first video is the promotional video that Pioneer put together, with the others getting into the details of features, button layout, etc.
Want to find out more? Check out the Pioneer DJM750K on Amazon.
2-Plus-2 Channel DJ Mixer
The Allen & Heath Xone:23 is a must have for any DJ looking for a tour quality mixer without wanting to spend the money associated with some of the other mixers on our list. The Xone:23 is a 2-plus-2 channel audio mixer, which means that it has two faders, but each of the four inputs has an independent level control to enable playing up to four sound sources at the same time.
If you’re looking for a ton of effects you’ll want to check out some of the other mixers on our list, but if you need something reasonably priced that covers the basics the Xone:23 is likely a great match for you.
Specs / Features
- 2+2 channels with dual phono/line inputs
- VCF Filter system: low and high pass filters with frequency and resonance controls
- 3 band EQ with total kill capability
- Innofader compatible for those who want to dish out a little bit of extra money for the upgrade
- Dimensions: 18.9″ x 13.8″ x 8.3″
- Good, compact mixer
- Faders feel nice and smooth and all of the knobs have good grip
- The LED lights and illuminated buttons on this board make navigating it easy when you’re in low light environments
- Amazing sound quality that you’re used to getting with more expensive mixers
- We like the VCF Filter system
- It may be a little awkward for some DJs to get the hang of controlling four sound sources with only two sliders
See it in action
If you’re interested in seeing some knob twisting and slide pushing on the Xone:23 check out the videos below. Two different setups, but both buyers seem to be really happy with how the Xone:23 performs out of the box.
Want to find out more? Check out the Allen & Heath XONE:23 on Amazon.
The DJM-900NXS2 is the absolute gold standard when it comes to professional quality mixers. Before you start doing any reading on the features and specs of this mixer – skip down to the video Pioneer put together to see what Kaskade, Nicky Romero, and a few other top tier DJs have to say about it.
Finished watching the video? Awesome right?
You won’t find a mixer that gives you more creative control than the DJM-900NXS2, which is why this is the mixer that most quality clubs and venues have. Tons of features with a clean and comfortable layout. It’s a pricey mixer, but it’s hard to find anyone who spent the money that doesn’t fall in love with it.
Specs / Features
- 4 phono inputs
- DVS compatible for use with turntables
- Independent send and return
- 24-bit sound card
- 64-bit mixing processor
- 3-band EQ with isolation
- Fader curves
- 2 USB ports
- MIDI control
- P-LOCK Fader Caps
- Auto standby
- Sweep, Filter, Crush, Dub Echo, Noise and Space effects available to use on all channels
- Parameter control knob for even more flexibility when using effects
- 14 different types of Beat FX using the X-Pad
- Frequency FX allows you to choose what frequency range you want effects applied to
- Independent Send/Return
- Easy to connect to a laptop/PC via USB to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software
- Silky smooth and durable Magvel Faders
- Clip display
- 2 USB ports for allowing connection with 2 laptops
- Dimensions: 13.11″ x 4.25″ x 16.3″
- Vibrant colors in all the right places – easy to scan and know what’s going on
- The firmware is easy to set up and update
- Built to last and handle a lot of use
- The X-Pad is really fun to use and easy to get the hang of
- Top of the line sound quality. This mixer makes your music sound the way it was intended
- Compatible with most DJ software
- The faders are comfortable and move smoothly
- Tons of effects and ways to modify the effects giving you a seemingly endless number of ways to customize to the sound you want
- Some users that had the previous generation of this mixer don’t like the bigger size of the effects knobs with the DJM-900NXS2
- The only reason we’re including price as a con is because the DJM-900NXS2 is more expensive than most DJs can justify spending…even if time and time again DJs who invest the money swear that it’s worth every penny
See it in action
Want to find out more? Check out the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 on Amazon.