We’re hoping to save you a ton of time in your hunt for the perfect mixer by putting together our list of the best DJ mixers. We’ll cover mixers for all types of DJ setups, 2-channel to 4-channel mixers, look for the best scratch mixers, and the list goes on.
If you’re interested in finding out some of the other top DJ mixers in each category we’ll provide you with a link to the full list.
This list will constantly be updated and added to, so if you don’t see a mixer category you need or we didn’t include your favorite mixer, let us know in the comments below!
If you need a refresher and are new to the world of DJ equipment, you can see a quick overview of what DJ mixers are and what they do here.
Best 2-Channel DJ Mixer and Best Beginner DJ Mixer
Pioneer took top honors as the best 2-channel mixer and the best DJ mixer for beginners because of its record to USB feature. The Pioneer DJM-350 allows you record directly to a USB device (like a flash drive) and save as a .WAV file.
It makes it super easy to go straight from recording your mix to listening to sharing it online for those who like to put out weekly or monthly mixes. Critiquing your own mixers and improving your skills is especially easy because of this record feature.
It doesn’t have a ton of effects that you may find in other mixers, which in a way we love. We love the simplicity and how easy it is to navigate. If you’re looking for something reliable that produces great sound, check out the DJM-350.
You can see the rest of our list for best 2-channel mixers here.
You can see the rest of our list for best DJ mixers for beginners here.
Specs / Features
- Ability to recored directly to a USB device and save as a .WAV file
- Jet, Gate, Crush, Filter effects with level depth control – you can see the effects in action in the video below
- 3 band EQ with EQ kill
- Mic and Aux channels with 2-band EQ (High and Low)
- Crossfader with curve control
- Cue and master outputs available for headphones
- Track markers
- Dimensions: 8.58″ x 11.85″ x 4.19″
- We think most people will love the record to USB feature
- Pioneer produces high quality products, so you know it is built to last
- High quality sound
- Great mixer for DJs of all skill and experience levels
- Faders are smooth
- 4 effects for DJs looking for more flexibility when mixing
- Slides and knobs are easy to work with and sturdy
- EQ Kill
- We really wish they included booth control
See it in action
See a great demo/feature overview for this mixer in the video. He covers everything from inputs/outputs to showing you how the effects work.
Want to find out more? Check out the Pioneer DJM-350 on Amazon.
Best 4-Channel DJ Mixer
The Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 is one of the priciest mixers we’ve talked about on this site, but there’s no way we could leave it off of our list of the top audio mixers.
Venues all across the world trust the DJM-900NXS2 to provide the ultimate musical experience. The crisp sound quality and seemingly infinite number of effects allow top DJs to bring the heat and keep the crowd moving.
Before you read about the features and specs jump down to the video that Pioneer put together. If features some of your favorite DJs talking about why they love this mixer and what makes the DJM-900NXS2 stand head and shoulders above the rest.
If you can’t swing the steep price of the DJM-900NXS2, check out our list of the best 4-channel DJ mixers for other recommendations.
Specs / Features
- 4 phono inputs
- DVS compatible for use with turntables
- Independent send and return
- 24-bit sound card
- 64-bit mixing processor
- 3-band EQ with isolation
- Fader curves
- 2 USB ports
- MIDI control
- P-LOCK Fader Caps
- Auto standby
- Sweep, Filter, Crush, Dub Echo, Noise and Space effects available to use on all channels
- Parameter control knob for even more flexibility when using effects
- 14 different Beat FX controlled through the X-Pad
- Frequency FX allows you to choose what frequency range you want effects applied to
- Independent Send/Return
- Easy to connect to a laptop/PC via USB to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software
- Silky smooth and durable Magvel Faders
- Clip display
- 2 USB ports for allowing connection with 2 laptops
- Dimensions: 13.11″ x 4.25″ x 16.3″
- Vibrant colors in all the right places – easy to scan and know what’s going on
- The firmware is easy to set up and update
- Built to last and handle a lot of use
- The X-Pad is really fun to use and easy to get the hang of
- Top of the line sound quality. This mixer makes your music sound the way it was intended
- Compatible with most DJ software
- The faders are comfortable and move smoothly
- Tons of effects and ways to modify the effects giving you a seemingly endless number of ways to customize to the sound you want
- Some users that had the previous generation of this mixer don’t like the bigger size of the effects knobs with the DJM-900NXS2
- The only reason we’re including price as a con is because the DJM-900NXS2 is more expensive than most DJs can justify spending…even if time and time again DJs who invest the money swear that it’s worth every penny
See it in action
Want to find out more? Check out the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 on Amazon.
Best Scratch DJ Mixer
Numark M Series Scratch Mixers
Because of the flexibility offered by Numark with the M Series, we decided to included the entire line as the best scratch DJ mixer.
Don’t be fooled by the minimalist layout compared to some of the other mixers out on the market. The M Series mixers are packed with functionality and flexibility, making them a great choice for DJs of all types and skill levels.
Numark hit the nail on the head with the M Series scratch mixers by offering the features scratch DJs need, at a price that more DJs can afford.
You’re guaranteed to have a blast with any of the mixers in this line, and will be amazed at how durable they are.
If you want some other options, check out the full list of the best scratch DJ mixers.
- Available in 2, 3, and 4 channels
- EQ, Gain, and mic talkover controls for the mic input
- 3-band EQ
- Minimalist layout with all of the functionality you need, without the extra buttons
- Easy to scan and maneuver around
- Bright LEDs showing Gain levels
- Smooth faders and loose crossfader perfect for scratch DJs
Our list of the best audio mixers is still in progress. Check back for updates as we add new categories and mixers.